Tuesday, May 22, 2007

22 years

Danetta and I (and Asher) just got back from a delightful weekend at Mto Moyoni, a retreat center on the west bank of the legendary White Nile. Our time there was in celebration of the 22 years that we've been married and in anticipation of the rest of our odyssey together. A few pictures to give you an impression of a place that's worth returning to --







































One of the serendipities of the weekend for me was stumbling across what is just about my favorite African flower blooming out on the peninsula that reaches into the Nile from Mto Moyoni's riverside park. Here it is, variously called flame lily or gloriosa lily, the national flower of more than one African nation:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Ian! It did make me feel bad though.. Not only did I forget your anniversary- We missed Lukes B-day! I will send a belated card...
Thursday will be our 10 year anniversary. It is amazing how fast the time is going!
I loved the pics. Asher is adorable. (Danetta ain't bad either:)
Love ya! Deborah